Home Forums How to host rtmp servers: Windows 10 and 7

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Donald BiltonDonald Bilton
    Keymaster

Because tollstream is based on open source, we will continue to use open source software in windows as well. I will start with the ubuntu terminal in windows 10

1. Download the ubuntu terminal app in the Windows 10 store.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ubuntu/9nblggh4msv6?activetab=pivot:overview tab#
    This app installs an Ubuntu server terminal to run your rtmp server.
    This app installs the Ubuntu 20.04 LTS release on Windows.
    Please note that app updates don’t change the Ubuntu installation. To upgrade to a new release please run do-release-upgrade in the Ubuntu Terminal..

2.To use this feature, one first needs to use “Turn Windows features on or off” and select “Windows Subsystem for Linux”, click OK, reboot, and use this app.
    The above step can also be performed by:

Open Settings.
    *Click on Apps.
    *Under the “Related settings” section, click the Programs and Features option.
    *Click the Turn Windows features on or off option from the left pane.

turn windows features on or off

*Check the Windows Subsystem for Linux option.

linlinux subsystem

*Reboot Windows

OR

by using windows PowerSHELL

*Open Start.

*Search for PowerShell, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.

Windows PowerSHELL

*Administrator
    Enter these commands at the PowerShell prompt:

dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux /all /norestart

*Type Y and press Enter to confirm and restart your computer.

4. Please add the tcp 1935 in, allow, port rule in windows firewall.

Windows Firewall

*Navigate to Control Panel, System and Security and Windows Firewall.
    *Select Advanced settings and highlight Inbound Rules in the left pane.
    *Right click Inbound Rules and select New Rule.
    *Add the port you need to open and click Next.
    *Add the protocol (TCP or UDP) and the port number into the next window and click Next.
    *Select Allow the connection in the next window and hit Next.
    *Select the network type as you see fit and click Next.
    *Name the rule something meaningful and click Finish.
    *You have now opened a firewall port in Windows 10!

5. Once the ubuntu terminal is installed, please launch the application via desktop icon or through
    a simple search for the ubuntu app via the windows 10 search feature.

6. When inside the ubuntu terminal command prompt please enter the commands that are within the ubuntu
    Rtmp server tutorial

Debian based linux(ubuntu[18.04,19.10,20.04]) debian 9 etc

Windows 7 instructions will follow up with site development

Thomassit ThomassitThomassit Thomassit
    Participant

I read on neogaf that this is a permanent upgrade and you cant downgrade to Window 8 or 7 later.Windows 10 should include downgrade rights, just as any other release has had. I am curious that … as I will upgrade through Windows Update … would I still have desktops apps and stuff ?Why wouldnt you have?

Donald BiltonDonald Bilton
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas. Windows 10 just so happens to be much easier to install a linux platform on. I can include windows 7 here in the near future. We are still very much developing tollstream so we apologize about anything it is missing. We have yet to get this site fully launched. Although, it has made great progress for automation. If you can keep an eye on us, we will work out these links and be worth your time. Ty. Any other questions are welcome to be submitted to contact_us@tollstream.com.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.